The existing attendance system is manual and it is taken on paper and it consumes lot of time. As we aware that many traditional “Attendance system” uses attendance register to note down the attendance. It has less accuracy. Also the administrative person needs to maintain the attendance papers / sheets. In many industries attendance register is used to note down the attendance of their employees.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) based attendance management system can be used in any college or university or company. Main objective of RFID based Attendance System project is to take the attendance of students or employees. Microcontroller does the task of storing the attendance of the respective person in the Microcontroller memory.
• Displaying clock on LCD
• Reading input from RFID reader
• Comparing it with the data / RFID card number stored in Microcontroller memory
• Logging/Storing time into memory if cards match
• Reading input from keypad and adjusting time according to the keypad entry given by user.
• Sending data to computer.